The surreal granite rock formations & tidal pools of The Baths in Virgin Gorda are a must-add to your bucket list. This maze of mammoth granite boulders, tidal pools, grottoes, and tunnels is breathtaking. Walk, climb, and swim your way through the 15 minute path. Duck into anywhere that looks interesting to find your own private pool.
The path opens to Devil’s Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches I’ve ever seen. Take everything you need for the day and plan to spend hours here.
Definitely go on your own and not with a tour group. This place is too special to get herded through quickly.
To Get There:
Take a ferry from:
- St. Thomas & St. John – 90 minute ferry on Tuesday, Thursday, & Sunday. Click here for times and rates. You will be clearing customs so make sure to take your passport!
- Tortola – 30 minute ferry. Click here for times and rates.
- Taxis wait outside the ferry office and it’s a $3-5 dollar 5 minute ride to The Baths. Arrange a time for your driver to pick you up for the trip back to the ferry.
Fly into Virgin Gorda airport (VIJ)
You need to be OK with the following to get through The Baths pathway:
- Climbing ladders
- Bending over and walking through small/ tight spaces
- Walking over slippery rocks
OK to go solo?